The Sims 4 is a 2014 strategic life simulation computer game developed by The Sims Studio and published by Electronic Arts. It is the sequel to the best-selling computer game, The Sims 3. It was first released on July 24, 2014 simultaneously for Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows - both versions on the same disc. The Sims 4 is the second installment in the series to not have a console release.
The Sims 4 was released to critical acclaim; selling over 3.7 million copies in its first week. Aggregator Metacritic gave the game an overall score of 91/100, saying that "The Sims 4 is easily the best installment in the famous life simulation series so far, but the various game bugs and glitches have kept it from becoming the perfect game." By January 2015, The Sims 4 has sold over 29.6 million copies.
- Absent-Minded: Absent-Minded Sims get lost in their thoughts and occasionally forget what they are doing, or where they are going.
- When walking into a room, Absent-Minded Sims may forget why they went in that room.
- While driving, Absent-Minded Sims may slow down and forget where they were going.
- In rare cases, Absent-Minded Sims may forget where they are if they are reading a book, watching television, eating or simply doing nothing.
- Absent-Minded Sims may forget what they are going to say in conversations.
- Absent-Minded Sims can "Ponder", reducing the chance of them forgetting something temporarily.