Miss Sim Universe 2013, the 5th Miss Sim Universe pageant, was held in December 2013 in Sydney, Australia. 90 delegates around the world competed for the crown in an event distributed globally via Internet, on misssimworld Channel on YouTube and was watched by an audience of 8,021 viewers worldwide to date of 2015. It improved last year edition in more than 5,000 viewes becoming the second most watched edition at the time of it's release, tied with 2008 edition, being lately passed by 2014 edition.
Famous Australian singer Kilie Minogue and international actor Ben Affleck will host the show. The number of placements remain being 16. Dayana Vargas, from Colombia crowned her successor, Susana Ferreira, from Trinidad & Tobago at the end of the event.
Sidney, Australia was already considered for the Miss Sim Universe Organization to host the show back in 2009. On 11st February, 2013, during the Miss Sim Universe 2012, Sydney was again on possible host countries' list along with Mexico City (Mexico), Las Vegas (USA), Sao Paulo (Brazil), Bangkok (Thailand) and Tokyo (Japan) which already hosted the first ever Miss Sim Universe show in 2008. One month later, after the conclusion of the 2012's edition and shortly after the organization changed of owner it was finally revealed that Sidney, Australia would host the 2013's Miss Sim Universe edition in December 2013.
Areas of competition
All delegates competed in a preliminary competition, they were judge by a panel of judges, their votes along member of the organization determined the top 15. One of the delegates was selected by the Fan VOTE, and then top 16 is complete.
- 9 Contestants are choosen in a preliminary competition acording the scores of the judges.
- 6 Contestants are choosen by members of the organization, acourding with what the ORG is looking for and the Miss Sim Universe Profile.
- 1 Contestants is selected by the fans in the Online Voting
When the top 16 is selected, in the final night the start from ZERO with another panel of JUDGES (Different than the preliminary ones).
- Competition 1: SWIMSUIT.
Each delegate from the top 16, walk on stage with swimwears, the final night panel of judges give their scores, then the delegates with the highest 10 averages will advance to the top 10.
- Competition 2: EVENING GOWN
Each delegate from the top 10 will , walk on stage with Evening Gowns, the final night panel of judges give their scores, then the delegates with the highest 5 averages will advance to the top 5.
- Competition 3: FINAL QUESTION/FINAL LOOK
Each delegate from the top 5 will answer made by the fans and the final judges, the final night panel of judges give their scores, then each delegate will walk on stage for last time in the FINAL LOOK, and again the judges will vote.
At the end the contestant with the highest average between the final question and final look will be the WINNER!
|Miss Sim Universe 2013||
- ‡ Voted into Top 16 via Internet
- § Voted into Top 6 via Facebook
Final Competition Scores
|Trinidad & Tobago||9.069 (1)||9.016 (3)|
|Indonesia||8.909 (2)||9.023 (2)|
|Aruba||8.790 (3)||8.868 (5)|
|Nicaragua||8.764 (4)||8.717 (6)|
|Puerto Rico||8.596 (6)||9.088 (1)|
|Paraguay||8.709 (5)||8.908 (4)|
|Colombia||8.319 (7)||8.602 (7)|
|Mexico||8.283 (10)||8.452 (8)|
|France||8.319 (7)||8.397 (9)|
|Japan||8.314 (9)||8.328 (10)|
|Saint Vincent & The Grenadines||8.276 (12)|
|Dominican Republic||8.241 (14)|
Best National Costume
|Bahamas||Yendhi Fitz William|
|Cayman Islands||Rebecca Alexander|
|Costa Rica||Marybelle Chibo|
|Czech Republic||Olexa Petkovsek|
|Democratic Republic Of Congo||Aminath Benyahia|
|Dominican Republic||Evee Garcia|
|Egypt||Anexunamun Lamia El Kamhawi|
|El Salvador||Elizabeth Mosquera|
|India||Arshia Anusri Chopra|
|Korea||Ha Jae Ra|
|Mexico||Jennifer Saenz de Leon|
|Nicaragua||Anna Callista Rodriguez|
|Portugal||Andreina Dos Santos|
|Puerto Rico||Pia Romero|
|Saint Vincent & The Grenadines||Nala Broussard|
|Singapore||Angel Serena Tan|
|South Africa||Melania Bam|
|Sri Lanka||Sheila Dutta|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Susana Ferreira|
- Trinidad & Tobago won for the first time.
- Nicaragua, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Paraguay and Tanzania placed for the first time.
- Indonesia, Mexico and Japan placed for the third consecutive year.
- Hungary and Spain placed for the second consecutive year.
- Colombia placed for the fifth consecutive year.
- Trinidad & Tobago last placed in 2011.
- France and Dominican Republic last placed in 2009.
- Aruba, Puerto Rico and Philippines last placed in 2008.
- Colombia remains as the only country that has always placed
- Spain finishes 11th for second year in a row
- For the first time ever there is no European countries in Top 5
- For the first time ever Miss Elegance winner, Miss South Africa, was not include in Top 15.
- For the first time ever there was a Top 6 instead of 5
- Trinidad & Tobago, Aruba, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Tanzania and Saint Vincennt and the Granadines achieve their best placements.
- Asia is in Top 2 for third consecutive year: Indonesia 2011 (Winner), Japan 2012 (1st Runner Up), Indonesia 2013 (1st Runner Up)